Promotion Commotion! Strategies to Promote Your Toastmasters Club, Retain Membership, Engage Guests and Grow Your Membership
To all District 7 Toastmasters – Division Directors, Area Directors, Club Officers, Club Sponsors, Mentors, Coaches, and curious Members.
District 7 Toastmasters clubs offer diverse engagement opportunities, from storytelling to professional speaking, coaching, entrepreneurial, political, humorous, and more. Your participation in this workshop will benefit you, your club, its visitors and prospective guests, and future members of District 7 clubs.
In this highly interactive workshop, you’ll learn proven promotional strategies to elevate awareness of your club in your community, enhancing your prospects for welcoming guests and recruiting new members. You’ll learn about promotion resources, tools, and techniques to support your developing a clear vision for promoting your club and an action plan that achieves that vision. Examples of topics we’ll cover include:
- Developing a PR plan to serve as a guide for your promotion activities through the end of the Toastmasters year
- Reviewing best practices for engaging with local media and crafting press releases that boost participation in club events
- Outlining a social media strategy and creating that effectively delivers your message
- Understanding the value of brand consistency and how to leverage the free resources available within the brand portal
- Planning and promoting an open house for your club
- Exploring how the new partnership between Toastmasters International and Rotary International can benefit your club
- And so much more!
Please register by clicking on the green REGISTER button (to the right of the street map) which will take you to the Eventbrite invitation and will allow you to complete the registration process.
Directions, Parking & Transportation:
NWEA is located at 121 NW Everett Street, at the corner of Northwest 2nd & Everett in Portland’s historic Old Town Chinatown neighborhood. It is easily accessible from all parts of the city by car (parking available on street and Smart Park Naito and Davis with entrance at 33 NW Davis St), public transit (the Old Town/Chinatown MAX Station is at Everett and 1st) and by foot for those living, working, or visiting from nearby.
For those outside the Portland Metro area unable to participate in-person, we’ll offer remote access via zoom.us so you can join us by computer, with the link provided after you register.
We look forward to seeing you on the 1st!