All club members are invited to attend. There will be a no host informal ice cream social at Cold Stone Creamery at 3910 Center St NE, Salem, OR after the training for those who would like to meet there.
Our next Division C(ool) Training will be on Creating a Growth Culture. August 24th, 10 am to 12 pm at Chemeketa, Bldg…
Motivational Interviewing is a tool used by doctors, policemen, psychologists, and social workers to elicit change quickly and confidently. It’s not hypnosis – it’s just good listening, and an important skill to know.
If you’re in a situation where you need to help someone make their own decisions, motivational interviewing is a great approach. Or if you’re ever struggled with being a good listener, the basics of motivational interviewing will help you with this, too!
Learn and practice this therapeutic tool when you’re in a crucial conversation, working with your team, boss, partner, and improve the outcome.
Aaron Stusser has years of experience with motivational interviewing as a volunteer with the Portland crisis hotline, utilizing it to help those in crisis move in a direction of decision making instead of stress.
This event is sponsored by Babble-On Toastmasters in conjunction with Eldred Brown, DTM, District 7 Club Growth Director
- Join online meeting: https://zoom.us/j/446002355
- One tap mobile
Reasons to attend:
- Club quality and success has been linked to attending training. Whether you are a past, future, or soon-to-be club officer, learn tips you can use to enhance your leadership and communication skills.
- Your club will earn Your club will earn credit towards Goal #9 in the Distinguished Club Program (DCP) when at least 4 of your officers attend
- Network with new and experienced Toastmasters. Connect with old friends you haven’t seen in a while. Make new friends
- Open to any member, especially the ones exploring future leadership roles.
- Share best practices and what makes your club successful.
And now you can sign up for the event! Visit our Eventbrite page. Sign up here
Welcome to our annual celebration of the past Toastmasters year. This celebration will be an opportunity to thank our leaders, learn from their experiences, and network to support this year’s leaders. All members, non-members, family and friends are welcome to attend. There will be a potluck get-together afterwards, so bring a small dish/item to share if you would like to stay and brainstorm with your fellow Toastmasters. A huge thank you to our 2018-2019 leaders and members! We look forward to seeing you there!